Saturday, October 3, 2015

Rear bumper modifications

First thing I saw that I had to do was move this rear license plate frame from the trunk lid down to the bumper.














 





I cut the frame from the lid with the rotary cutter,










 Then cut a piece the same width from the bumper.




















On the left you can see what I was trying to achieve.  I decided to temporarily hot glue the license frame in place and then use some two-part J-B Weld epoxy on the backside of it to bond the pieces together.




















After that set for 24 hours, I used body filler to fill in the seams.


This was the first pass with the Bondo, you can see there were still some gaps that needed to be filled in.  I'll post pics of the final outcome soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment