Saturday, October 17, 2015

Top Chop

In preparation for making a new raised roof on the coach, I finished chopping off the existing top.  Along with the A and B-pillars:



The bubble wrap and tape were there to protect the parts I was not cutting.

Having joined the two car bodies together, I now had to cut a new line for the rear door and eliminate the seam.



I taped off the door handle and other parts I did not want to get body filler on and then sanded it all down smooth.



Spraying on some grey primer I was able to see what little imperfections there were and sand a little more.



The next thing to do is sculpt the basic shape of the upper part of the car in balsa wood and styrene.  This will just be to create the outer portion of the mold around.  After that, it can be discarded and the interior can be constructed.












No comments:

Post a Comment